Who We Are
- RUSS DEANE
- GARY WILKINSON
- ERIN SILLS
- RUSS EYRES
- LARRY VOLK
- BONNER DENTON
- TOM BURKLAND
- RICK HEAD
- ASHLEY AILSWORTH
- RON KIRBY
- ROBERT RAMPTON
- MIKE SWENSON
- GREGG MORGAN
- LOUISE ANN NOETH
- STUART GOSSWEIN
- DENNIS SULLIVAN - Chairman, Utah Salt Flats Racing Assn. (USFRA) President email@example.com
- TOM BURKLAND - Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials (BMST) firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHAD BOOTH - AYL TV Salt Lake City, Media
- HUGH COLTHARP - USFRA Treasurer, USFRA Founding Member email@example.com
- RON KIRBY - Kirby Media & Design firstname.lastname@example.org
- TERRY NISH - Nish Motorsports, Research & Racing History email@example.com
- MIKE NISH - Nish Motorsports, Research & Racing History firstname.lastname@example.org
- ROBERT RAMPTON - Graphic Artist, Research & Racing History email@example.com
- RICK VESCO - Save the Salt (STS) Founding Member, USFRA firstname.lastname@example.org
- LARRY VOLK - STS, USFRA Founding Member email@example.com
- GARY WILKINSON - STS Vice Chairman, USFRA firstname.lastname@example.org
- "LandSpeed" LOUISE ANN NOETH - Media Contact, Bonneville Historian, Photojournalist email@example.com
- RUSS EYRES - STS Treasurer, SCTA/BNI Liaison firstname.lastname@example.org
- STUART GOSSWEIN - SEMA/Save The Salt Public Relations email@example.com
- GREG MILLER - Director, Larry H Miller Family of Companies
- DICK ROSETTA - Utah Sports Hall Of Fame, Salt Lake Tribune Sports Editor, Retired
- RON CHRISTIANSEN - Design and Photography
- MIKE COOK - Land Speed Events (LSE)
- JOHN BAECHTEL - Land Speed Events (LSE)
- BILL LATTIN - Southern California Timing Association (SCTA)
- BONNEVILLE NATIONALS, INC. (BNI)
- DELVENE MANNING - Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials (BMST)
Save the Salt Coalition
For over six decades, the land has been managed by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM). Unfortunately, nearly five decades of BLM neglect led to the depletion of millions of tons of salt. The BSF is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and designated as an “Area of Critical Environmental Concern.”
The Save the Salt Coalition (STS) was founded in 1989 by racers, businesses and community members. Its mission is to protect the Bonneville Salt Flats and to promote its history and motorsports legacy. To assist in this effort, the “Save the Salt Foundation” was formed as the nonprofit entity to collect money for the sole purpose of restoring the BSF. The STS Coalition has also partnered with the “Utah Alliance,” formed in 2014 to provide expertise and connections within Utah and Nevada. The collaboration allows experts within the groups to undertake specific roles and projects. Major land speed race sanctioning organizations are members of both the Coalition and Alliance.
Salt is now being pumped onto the salt flats every year and other forms of additional replenishment are being pursued. However, to ensure success, the racing performance industry and land speed enthusiasts must also join in the effort to return more salt to the BSF.
Become a Supporter
Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to “Save The Salt”, an IRS-recognized Section 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Your one-time, or monthly recurring, credit card contribution can be sent through PayPal HERE.
DONATE BY MAIL:
Follow this link to download a form to complete and return, along with your financial contribution.
Become a Member
Companies and organizations that support the restoration of the Bonneville Salt Flats can become a member by contact Stuart Gosswein at StuartG@sema.org.
See below to view the current members of the Save The Salt Coalition.
Clicking on the logo will open the member page in a new window.
Alliance Technical Services
Digital Throttle LLC
Ellen and Gary Wilkinson
Engine & Performance Warehouse
Kirk Osborne - Accurate Alloys
Performance Warehouse Assoc.
Ross Racing Pistons - Joy Roble
Shifters Auto Club
US Iron Racing LLC
Vintage Air Inc.